Dear Parents of IDBEC,
As part of our commitment to developing the holistic child we believe in offering our children opportunities to develop different aspects of their skills.
Our expectation, as part of our commitment to developing the holistic child, is that each child from grade 1 to grade 6 participates in the After School Programme.
After-school activities will allow your children to have new experiences, learn in new ways and meet new friends.
We look forward to your support.
- Participation is mandatory.
- After school activities are offered by the teachers and assistants of the school for Grades 1 through 7, once a week.
- Activities will take place on Wednesdays between 15:00 – 16:00.
- There will be 2 sessions.
- 1st session – 16th November – until 18th January
- 2nd session – 1st Feb – until 8th March
- Each session will take 6 weeks.
- Students can change their activities after each session.
- Before each session students will get a letter and list of activities to choose from where they will fill out a form with their first, second and third choice of activity.
- We will try our best to assign your child to their first choice of activity. However, if their first choice is full, they will have to settle for their second or third choice.
- There will be no charge for the activities.
- If your child is on the bus, the bus will take them home at 4 p.m. after the activities instead of the usual 3 p.m.
- If for some reasons a student is unable to participate and s/he uses the bus, the parents must provide their own transportation at 15:00